Sparks for the 4th
The 4th of July is coming and we all know that means there will be a lot of party and BBQ’s. So, for all you people planning an event this Independence Day here are some cool DIYs you can add to your decor to add a unique flare.
Sweets and Drinks:
- Start by filling the glass about 1/4-1/3 of the way up with drink the highest sugar content per serving (red in this case)
- Then, fill the cup FULL with ice.
- Pour the drink with the next highest sugar content (white in this case) very slowly over the ice. You’ll use the ice as a sort of buffer – pouring directly on to the ice with a very slow pour (small amount). If you just pour a whole bunch in quickly, the colors will combine.
- Repeat with the last layer (blue in this case)
- Snip the ends off of a Twizzlers candy and place in the drink for a straw. For some added fun, you could take some of the red, white, and blue Twizzlers PULL ‘N’ PEEL candy to add a little edible bow or tie to your straw.
*for you adults you can add some of your favors rum for an extra kick
This is such a cute way to decorate your cupcakes and always reduce the amount of hands touching food and messes being formed
Patriotic Star Bouquet
What You Will Need:
- Planting pot(s)
- Red, white, and blue paint
- Either red, white, or blue ribbon
- Styrofoam stars or squares you can cut into stars
These can work as a nice centerpiece on the porch or patio, or they could work perfectly scattered around the venue.