The Spring Flower Guide
by: Justina Simmons
Flowers are vital when it comes to transforming an event from ordinary to astonishing. Not only do they provide your guests with vibrant and beautiful colors to view, but since scent is so closely tied to memory, including flowers at your next event will make it that much more memorable.
Here’s everything you need to know about the most popular Spring flowers on the market, including cost and color choices.
1. Lilacs are large shrubs or multi-stemmed small trees that grow about 20-23 feet high. These sun loving, sweet smelling flowers span a wonderful array of colors including white, violet, pink, and of course, lilac. They also have pyramidal clusters of blossom, with vibrant glossy green leaves. Lilacs are relatively affordable at $2-$4 per stem.
2. Tulips are one of the most beautiful and most popular flowers in the world. They grow as a single stem and flower for each plant. The stems tend to be long, thin, and green. The colors include white, yellow, pink, peach, orange, red, lavender, and purple. Typically, tulips cost about $2-$6 per stem.
3. Orchids have bright colors, and unique shapes you cant find in any other flower. Because they’re tropical flowers, Orchids enjoy plenty of sunlight and good air circulation. Orchids usually are priced at $7-$12 per bloom.
4. Peonies are known for their stunningly attractive flowers. These beauties can grow as high as 36 inches! Their flowers are fragrant and come in shades of red to white to yellow. Peonies are the most expensive flower to make the list at $9-$18 per stem.
5. Poppies may be perennials or annuals and range greatly in size. Poppies are vibrant and bloom during March and April. You can find them in white, red, or pink. But be sure not to pick these flowers in California because they’re protected by law. Poppies tend to go for $6-$8 per stem.